- Products & Services
- Activyl/Activyl Tick Plus
- What is Activyl Tick Plus
Proven innovation for Dogs
Your dog needs a really effective way to control and kill ticks and fleas.
Activyl Tick Plus for Dogs combines trusted, proven tick control with innovative flea control in the first monthly spot-on that uses the flea's own enzymes for serious killing power.
Activyl Tick Plus for Dogs can be purchased at your veterinary clinic. This ensures that your dog gets the best care possible in flea and tick control.
Easy and convenient to apply, Activyl Tick Plus for Dogs controls fleas and repels and kills adult ticks on contact.1 It's fragrance-free, and remains effective even after bathing.1,2
Activyl Tick Plus breaks the flea life cycle, too1,3,4
Unlike some flea treatments, Activyl Tick Plus doesn't just kill adult fleas, it also stops flea eggs and larvae from developing.1,3,4 Breaking the flea life cycle is important, so your pet is not re-infested by new fleas developing from flea eggs and larvae in your own home environment.
Activyl Tick Plus for Dogs works differently from conventional flea treatments—it only becomes fully active on contact with flea enzymes. Plus, it doesn't just kill adult fleas; it also stops larvae from developing. By breaking the flea life cycle, you're much more likely to resolve your dog's problem for good.
How it works
Step 1: Application
Activyl Tick Plus spreads through your pet's skin and coat.
Step 2: Contact and Ingestion
When a flea lands, it takes up Activyl Tick Plus (no bite required).
Step 3: Activation
Enzymes inside the flea change Activyl Tick Plus into its fully active form.
Step 4: Flea-Free
The flea is unable to feed, becomes paralyzed and dies.
PLEASE NOTE: At the beginning of Phase 4, fleas become disoriented and move in the coat of your pet, which makes them more visible to you. These fleas stop feeding, followed closely by paralysis and death.
Treat the Cause of Flea Allergy Dermatitis (FAD)1,6
Brief Summary: Please consult the full package insert for more information.5
Activyl Tick Plus Spot-On for Dogs and Puppies is indicated for use once a month on dogs and puppies that weigh over 4 lbs and are 8 weeks of age or older.
ADVERSE REACTIONS: Transitory scratching, erythema or hair loss at the application site may occur. These effects will usually resolve without treatment.
The application of the veterinary medicinal product may produce a local, temporary oily appearance or hair clumping at the application site. A dry white residue may also be observed. This is normal and will generally resolve within a couple of days after administration. These changes do not affect the safety or efficacy of the veterinary medicinal product.
HOW SUPPLIED: Activyl Tick Plus is available in 1-packs and 6-packs of snap-open see-through applicator(s). Each applicator comes in an easy-open foil pouch. Activyl Tick Plus is available in different presentations to fit all sizes of dogs from puppies to giant dog breeds. The volume present in each applicator ranges from 0.50 mL to 6.0 mL.
Store in a cool, dry place inaccessible to children and pets. Flammable. Keep away from heat and open flame.
For technical assistance, call Merck Animal Health at 1-800-224-5318.
- Data on file at Merck Animal Health.
- Qureshi T, Balgburn B, Yound D, Sun F, Guerino F. Effects of water immersion and shampooing on the efficacy of an indoxacarb spot-on against cat flea (Ctenocephalides felis) infestation on dogs. Presented at the BSAVA/WSAVA/FECAVA World Congress, 12-15 April 2012, Birmingham, UK.
- Guerino F, Qureshi T, Hair J, Young D, Fiourie J. Indoxacarb Kills Developing Stages of Fleas in the Environment of Treated Cats. Presented at the WSAVA/FECAVA/BSAVA World Congress. 12-15 April 2012. Birmingham, UK.
- Dryden MW, Payne PA, Smith V, Heaney K, Sun F. Efficacy of indoxacarb applied to cats against the adult cat flea, Ctenocephalides felis, flea eggs and adult flea emergence. Parasite Vectors. 2013; 6:126.
- Activyl® Product Insert.
- Fisara P, Sargent R, Flochlay-Sigognault A, Frenais R, Guerino F. Efficacy of indoxacarb spot-on in resolving clinical signs of flea allergy dermatitis in dogs cats and other field conditions. Presented at the BSAVA/WSAVA/FECAVA World Congress, 12-15 April, 2012, Birmingham, UK.